Con is so soon. I've given up my delusions of cosplay because, to be honest, there's nothing I've seen lately that I REALLY want to spend the effort and time making. Instead I'll just wear cute junk I already own and maybe whip up another Star Wars Dress! Yes, that would be awesome. Work for con is getting outta control. And by that I mean that
Stiiiiill looking for an apartment. What a terrible process!!
Last week went down to Portland to see Abi with Victoria! It was a super short trip and I got super nauseous the only night I was there, but it was still nice to spend time with the girls doing girl things and stay in a plush hotel. And by taking the train there and back I got to finish TWO books! Way to go on my "READ WAY MORE BOOKS" new year's resolution! No really, I want to finish at least 3 books a month.
Working out has been good to me. I looked a little slimmer all last week :D But then I got super grumpy sometimes during the weekend because I didn't work out. I need that endorphin rush! And also to lose 30 pounds by the end of the year. Doable? TOTES DOABLE.
I'd like to think that within the past few years and my, quite honestly, too numerous dating exploits, that I've learned something about how to make relationships function. But then something comes up and I realize that I'm not THAT much smarter than my 17 year old self and I still make poor decisions thinking that they would be "for the best."
My biggest flaw? Keeping quiet when something's bothering me. Always has been. In EVERY kind of relationship (friendship, family, etc). I just sit and I stew and I internalize and beat myself up and convince myself that it's the right thing to do because it's just me being stupid. Yeah, THAT is pretty stupid.
But I guess over the past couple weeks I'm finally beginning to learn to speak up. I can't hide my emotions
1. Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up.
Ice Cream dress, 5lbs weights, giant Empire movie poster, bag of books to re-sell, fertility idol piggy bank!
2. How many times have you changed your hairstyle in the past five years?
Uhhh, I guess I had my natural hair, kept bleaching the crap out of it until it turned the color of sunshine, and then died it back last February.
3. Provide a completely useless fact about yourself.
I couldn't stand cream cheese as a little kid.
4. What's your favorite anime?
Escaflowne. Or Kenshin. Or Saber Marionette J.
5. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what/where are they? If not, what would you get?
My Akbar squid on my right thigh, Octo-heart on my left thigh, and my Jedi Council symbol on my left chest over my heart. I'm probably going to get the Rebel Alliance symbol on the right side as well as a Disney tattoo of some sort.
6. What's your favorite mystical creature?
The Kraken. Duh.
7. What are you thinking about right now?
My pained stomach and crap I gotta do for con
8. Write the first word that comes to mind.
9. What musician is your favorite to see in concert?
Draco and the Malfoys. But I would think it'd be amazing to see Milkman live!
10. If you found a wallet with $2000 in it, would you keep or return it?
If there's an ID, I'd take it in. If not, it's mine now. LEGO DEATHSTAR HERE I COME.
11. What was the last thing that you bought?
Drunk food at Denny's
12. What other countries have you been to (if any)?
Canadia, Japan, the Philippines
13. Did you shamelessly change this question because you couldn't think of something better?
14. Last book you regret reading?
Probably something for school. Like the CSE 142 text book.
15. What are you doing this weekend?
STAR WARS EXHIBIT I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE
16. What is your song of choice RIGHT NOW? The one you select when you kick off your playlist in the morning.
The whole Milkman "Algorithms" album
17. Favourite movie of the last six months?
I've seen far too many movies to answer that.
18. Favorite season?
19. Which part of this year are you looking forward to the most?
The Summer!! Vacations! Weekend gettaways! Day trips! Picnics! Tanned skin! Watermelon! Less clothing! Late sunsets! Being warm! Zoos! Ice cream melting down your hand!
20. Best thing this year so far?
There are too many great things that have happened, so I'll just say that this year is already 36% better than last year.